Orica Selects Enablon to Achieve Environment, Health & Safety, Community and Sustainability Excellence
“In line with our vision of delivering ‘Clever Resourceful Solutions’, we’re very pleased to announce the partnership with Enablon,” said Mark Edebone, General Manager – Global Sustainability at Orica. “The Enablon solution will establish a single repository for all SHEC data, enabling globally standardized processes, a solid foundation for unified reporting and analytics through this all-in-one integrated platform. It will both support and strengthen Orica’s social license to operate and social integrity.”
With a workforce of over 15,000 people that operates in more than 50 countries, Orica recognizes the need for building best practices in safety, health, environment and community to deliver value to stakeholders and enhance financial performance. In 2012, Orica initiated a global review of the company’s systems & structures for sustainability performance and started developing an organizational approach to a more detailed assessment process.
Along with this approach, Orica selected the Enablon integrated platform to replace its previous systems and support the group’s long term objectives, which include:
- Better worker safety & health outcomes by preventing injuries, illnesses & environmental incidents
- Lower environmental footprint of operations by becoming carbon & water neutral, achieving zero waste and developing environmentally friendly operations, products & services
- Strong and enduring relationships with community stakeholders and customers
Orica’s key requirements for its information management system includes the ability to support multiple languages, capture data offline and on mobile devices, integrate with Orica’s core systems, generate standard and customizable reports and be compliant with data security and privacy legislation in all countries where Orica operates. The group was also looking for a system that is easy to configure and that can be managed without vendor intervention.
The Enablon platform to be implemented by Orica will enable the following key initiatives:
- SHEC Data Management and Reporting across all operations
- Health Assessments & Record Management
- Management of Change and Action Plans
- Incident Management and Monitoring
- Investigations, Inspections and Audits
- Sustainability Report
“Helping companies improve environment, health & safety performance to drive sustainable business value is what we do at Enablon,” said Phil Tesler, CEO of Enablon North America. “Forward-looking companies such as Orica recognize that smart technology is essential to support this vision globally and we’re very happy to partner with them on their journey towards sustainable performance.”