Air Quality Management Software
Complying with regulations on air pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions is a requirement that is impossible to avoid. It is a prerequisite to continue doing business. In addition, stakeholders are increasingly requesting that companies demonstrate improvements in environmental performance.
Calculating and monitoring emissions of air pollutants is a costly burden filled with complications. Some companies can have thousands of pieces of equipment spread over multiple facilities. In addition, each piece of equipment may require very frequent readings on several parameters to ensure compliance. The sheer quantity of data and the scale of air emissions calculations required is a significant challenge that can be addressed only through a highly-specialized, enterprise system able to handle millions of data points.
Enablon’s Air Quality Management Software enables companies to comply with air pollutant and emission regulations, as well as air permit requirements, from around the world. The application embeds sophisticated capabilities that perform complex calculations at high volume, and on an on-going basis, to ensure accuracy of air emissions calculations throughout all facilities.
Enablon Air Quality Management Software helps companies manage air quality requirements from advanced emission sources modeling and calculation, to emissions forecasting and scenario analysis.
Enablon Air Quality Management Software covers the entire air quality management cycle. The solution offers the following functionalities:
- Emission Sources Modeling
– Sources inventory: stationary combustion, mobile combustion, process and fugitive emission, etc.
– Sources categorization for emission consolidation (Site, Plant, Facility, Location, Activity, etc.)
– Process throughput products definition: properties, composition (e.g. VOCs, HAPs etc.)
– Source activity data definition: frequency, parameter definition, etc.
– Source activity data collection: monitored, calculated, forecast, etc.
- Collection of activity data from external information systems using interfaces with systems such as Osisoft PI and Aspentech IP21 process historians; software solutions such as SAP Plant, FlowCal and PGas; as well as equipment modules, sensors and energy meters
- Calculation Formulas Libraries
– Emission types list (e.g. Nitrogen oxides, Sulphur dioxide, PM, Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, etc.)
– Quantification methods definition (EPA AP42 , IPCC, CEPEI, EPA GHG MRR, etc.)
– Equations builder to perform any calculation
– Simple and complex equations
– Emission factor libraries (references, applicability and documentation)
– Validation rules and consistency checks to ensure data quality
- Emissions Forecasting
– Collection of data on future production estimates and activity data
– Automatic calculation of emissions based on estimated activity data and formulas: Calculation of forecast activity data (e.g. fuel requirements) from production estimates; calculation of forecast emissions based on forecast activity data
– Ability to store forecast projection reports
- Scenario Analysis
– User-based scenario definition
– Scenario parameters configuration (fuel mix, equipment properties, etc.)
– Calculation of air emissions according to different scenario parameters models
– Scenario storing and sharing
– Scenario integration with emission forecasting
- Regulatory Compliance
– Integration with third party regulatory content (e.g. ENHESA, RegScan, STP, etc.) to be aware of all relevant regulations
– Applicability of rules and regulations to equipment throughout all sites
– Alerts if regulatory limits have been exceeded
– Generation of regulatory reports
– Audit trail with logs of all edits
– XML Reporting Engine for electronic agency deliverables
– Document Reporting Engine that allows Excel, Word and PDF documents to be populated with Enablon data
– Standard report templates for internal and external reporting
The Enablon Difference
- The most comprehensive platform for Sustainability, EHS and Risk Management
- Used by more than 1 million users in 160 countries across all industries
- Recognized by industry analysts across all product areas
- Accessible anywhere, anytime on laptops, tablets and smartphones
- A complete range of usage options, from SaaS to hosted and on-premises
- A flexible technology which can be tailored to each company’s processes and organization
- A global network of partners providing consulting, services, content and technology