Process Safety Management Software
Every day many industries face the risk of incidents due to unexpected releases of toxic, reactive, or flammable liquids and gases in processes involving highly hazardous chemicals. Companies live with the potential for an accidental release and the disastrous consequences that come with it.
As a result of this risk, and to strengthen occupational safety and health, OSHA issued the Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals standard (29 CFR 1910.119), which contains requirements for the management of hazards associated with processes using highly hazardous chemicals. In addition, the EU’s Seveso III Directive and the UK’s Control of Major Accident Hazards regulations (COMAH) also include similar requirements for Process Safety Management.
But there is more to Process Safety Management (PSM) than regulatory compliance. Having an effective PSM system in place also leads to improvements in business operations. By enabling safe and reliable operations, organizations embark on a path to greater operational resilience.
Enablon’s Process Safety Management (PSM) software solution leverages a single, unique platform to offer a set of integrated applications addressing the 14 elements of PSM defined by OSHA.
The Enablon Process Safety Management (PSM) software solution addresses all PSM needs through a single, integrated platform.
- Hazard Analysis
– Identification, evaluation and control of hazards involved in processes. Methodologies include Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), What-If Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc.
– Enterprise-wide access to information on hazards of processes, process technology, and process equipment
> Learn more about Process Hazard Analysis
- Change Management
– Control of changes to procedures, processes, equipment, process chemicals, etc.
– Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR)
> Learn more about Management of Change
- Investigation of incidents that had the potential of catastrophic release of highly hazardous chemicals
> Learn more about Incident/Event Management
- Self-audit or third-party audit to identify areas of non-compliance and opportunities for improvement
> Learn more about Audit Management
- Management of contractor risks and incidents
> Learn more about Contractor Safety
- Document Management
– A single repository to store Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all phases of plant operation > Learn more about Regulatory Compliance Management.
– Central access to Safe Work Practices (SWPs) for Lock Out/Tag Out, Confined Space, Opening Process Equipment or Piping, and Site Access Control
– Central repository to store procedures designed to maintain ongoing integrity of equipment in covered processes
– Central access to written emergency action procedures > Learn more about Business Continuity Management.
– Central access to all information regarding processes around trade secrets to people involved in the PSM program > Learn more about Chemical Substances Management
- Management of PSM training programs for employees, contractors, and visitors with potential exposure
- Documentation of how employees are consulted on the implementation of PSM elements
The Enablon Difference
- The most comprehensive platform for Sustainability, EHS and Risk Management
- Used by more than 1 million users in 160 countries across all industries
- Recognized by industry analysts across all product areas
- Accessible anywhere, anytime on laptops, tablets and smartphones
- A complete range of usage options, from SaaS to hosted and on-premises
- A flexible technology which can be tailored to each company’s processes and organization
- A global network of partners providing consulting, services, content and technology